Preparation : 45 minutes
Cooking : 5 + 5 minutes
For 4 persons:
- 4 green asparagus
- 4 white asparagus
- 2 whole eggs
- 20 g of water
- 100 g of flour
- 100 g of breadcrumbs (white bread or panko)
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 g of wine Pommery® vinegar
- 50 g of fresh butter
- 50 g of Dijon Pommery® mustard
Breaded white and green asparagus, Dijon mustard sabayon
- Peel the white and green asparagus 12 cm from the head in order to remove the fibrous parts of the tails.
- Tie up in bundles and cook for 3 minutes in boiling water seasoned with coarse salt. The asparagus should remain very firm.
- Drain and dry on absorbent paper.
- Cut each asparagus into 3 equal parts.
- To bread them: roll each piece in a container with the flour, then in a container with a mixture of beaten eggs and water, then in a container with the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a deep fryer at 180 ° C. Drain and place on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with fine salt.
- In a saucepan, pour the egg yolks and vinegar.
- Beat vigorously with a whisk, heating moderately on your electric or gas hob.
- The mixture will gain volume and start to become glittery.
- Add the slices of butter, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
Serve the asparagus hot and crunchy with the warm sabayon.
Recipe imagined and produced by chef Frederic Le Guen-Geffroy