Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
For 4 people:
- 4 pieces of Gâtinais Free-range chicken breast, skin on
- 70 g of Moutarde de Meaux® Pommery®
- 2 cl of olive oil
- 80 g of butter
- Thyme and bay leaf to your preference
- 1 head of pink or young garlic
- 500 g of new potatoes
- 10 cl of chicken juice
Free-range chicken with Moutarde de Meaux® Pommery® under the skin
- Slightly lift the skin of the chicken and stuff with 50 g of Meaux® Pommery® Mustard.
- Gently brown the chicken in a pan with olive oil.
- Turnover on the flesh side then add a knob of butter, thyme, bay leaf and 1 clove of garlic, crushed under the palm.
- Put in the oven at 100 ° C and cook slowly to reach an internal temperature of 60 ° C.
- Heat the olive oil in the casserole dish. Pour in the washed and dried potatoes.
- Lightly brown for 2 minutes then add the garlic cloves, thyme, bay leaf and all the remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter until it starts to froth, then close the lid. Place in the oven while the chicken cooks.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, deglaze the chicken cooking pan with the chicken juice and 20 g of Meaux® Pommery® Mustard.
- Arrange the roast chicken breast, the new potatoes and the garlic confit on the plate, and top with the chicken jus with Meaux® Pommery® Mustard from the pan. Decorate with a bay leaf and a sprig of thyme.
Recipe imagined and produced by chef Frederic Le Guen-Geffroy