Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
For 4 people:
- 30 g of egg yolks
- 2 g of fine salt
- Black pepper (at your convenience)
- 5 g of wine Pommery® vinegar
- 40 g of Dijon Pommery® mustard
- 150 g of grape seed oil
- 30 g of water
- 1,2 kg of green asparagus from Provence
Green asparagus, creamy sauce with Dijon Pommery® mustard
- Pour the egg yolks, salt, pepper, the first measure of wine Pommery® vinegar and the Dijon Pommery® mustard into a mixing bowl. Mix with a whisk and whip the mayonnaise with the grape seed oil.
- When this one is quite firm, to slacken with the second weighing of wine Pommery® vinegar and water. According to the destination of this sauce, one can still slacken it with a net of water.
- Peel rigorously on 5 cm the base of the tail of the green asparagus using a peeling knife. Do not peel all the way to the head. Make bundles by wrapping them with a kitchen string.
- Meanwhile, boil a large quantity of water (salted to 10 g per liter of water) in a saucepan that can hold this large quantity of asparagus.
- Put the asparagus in the water and check the cooking after 5 minutes with a paring knife. Depending on the section of asparagus, this cooking time can vary greatly.
- At the end of cooking, drain and cool in very cold water with ice cubes. Drain, defrost and dry on a clean cloth. Serve on a plate. Top with sauce.
Recipe imagined and produced by chef Frederic Le Guen-Geffroy