Cooking: 20 minutes
For 4 people:
- 2 Whole Mackerel, roughly 300gms each
- 70 g of lemon & basil Pommery® mustard
- 75 g of unsalted butter
- 30 g of liquid cream
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fine herbs
- 1 organic Fresh Lemon
- 10 cl of white wine
- 5 cl of spirit vinegar
- 50 g of carrots
- 50 g of leeks
- 50 g of onion
- 50 g of celery branch
- 1 branch of thyme
- 1 leaf of bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic
Mackerel rillettes, lemon & basil Pommery® mustard
- Fillet the mackerel and remove the bones.
- For the court bouillon: pour 1 liter of water, spirit vinegar, white wine and 15 g of coarse salt into a saucepan and bring to boil
- Peel and cut the vegetables fairly thin.
- Pour the vegetables into the boiling liquid and cook for 10 minutes. Lower the heat after.
- Put the mackerel fillets in the liquid and poach for 10 minutes.
- Drain the mackerel immediately while it’s still hot, shred with a fork and add in the butter in small pieces slowly to ensure it mixes well, after that the liquid cream, lemon & Pommery® basil mustard and the herbs. Mix well to incorporate.
- With a zester, zest lemon at the last moment.
- Serve with either fresh bread (traditional baguette, country bread, rye bread, buckwheat bread), or with thin slices of freshly toasted bread.
Recipe imagined and produced by chef Frederic Le Guen-Geffroy