Preparation: 50 minutes
For 4 people:
- 120 g of fresh pollack fillet (substitute with sea bass or sea bream is fine)
- 2 cl of olive oil
- 20 g of Espelette pepper Pommery® mustard
- 1 cl of sherry Pommery® vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped marjoram or basil
Radish Strips for holding the tartar:
- 1 large daikon radish or 1 large long turnip
- 2 cl of sherry Pommery® vinegar
Pollack tartare, daikon radish sheet with Espelette pepper Pommery® mustard, sherry Pommery® vinegar
- Remove the bones from the fish fillet then remove the skin.
- Cut into a tartare with a sharp knife and on a clean board.
- Pour into a salad bowl then add a dash of sherry Pommery® vinegar, olive oil, Espelette pepper Pommery® mustard, smoked paprika and chopped herbs. Season well.
- Wash and peel the large daikon radish.
- Cut sections of 6 cm.
- Cut these sections lengthwise into very thin slices using a mandolin.
- Brush with Pommery® Sherry Vinegar with a brush.
- Place the fish tartare in the marinated radish slices, then fold them over. Hold them there with mini clothespins.
Recipe imagined and produced by chef Frederic Le Guen-Geffroy