Preparation: 1 hour
Cooking : 30 + 4 minutes
For 4 people:
- 300 g of chicken livers
- 50 g shallot
- 20 g of butter
- 2 cl of cognac
- Thyme, garlic and bay leaf (at your convenience)
- 300 g of button mushrooms
- 100 g of onions
- 5 cl of white wine
- Fig Pommery® mustard
- 1 teaspoon of chopped tarragon
- 1 egg
- 1 packet of pastry/spring roll sheets
- 5 cl of olive oil
Samosas with gratin stuffing and fig Pommery® mustard
- Gratin stuffing: peel and remove gall bladder if necessary from the chicken livers.
- Briskly heat a non-stick pan with a little olive oil. Quickly brown the chicken livers with the finely chopped shallot, thyme, garlic and bay leaf. Flambé with cognac and allow to cool.
- The chicken livers should remain pink. Finely chop and season with salt and pepper.
- Mushroom Duxelle: sweat the chopped onion with the thyme, garlic, and bay leaf.
- Add the washed button mushrooms in quarters. Deglaze with white wine. Sweat until the liquid evaporates. Cool and finely chop.
- Combine the chicken liver gratin stuffing, mushroom duxelle, Pommery® fig mustard, chopped tarragon and raw egg.
- Cut the pastry sheets into 4 cm wide and brush with olive oil. Put 15 g of stuffing per strip. Fold into equilateral triangles to form samosas. Shallow fry in olive oil.
- Serve crispy with fig Pommery® mustard
Recipe imagined and produced by chef Frederic Le Guen-Geffroy