Preparation : 20 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes
For 4 persons:
- 4 large artichokes
- 50 g of flour
- 20 g of olive oil
- 20 g of coarse salt
- 20 g of whole hazelnuts
- 24 leaves of arugula
- 20 g of Moutarde de Meaux® Pommery®
- 20 g of red wine Pommery® vinegar
- 40 g of Grapeseed (or peanut) oil
Artichoke carpaccio, hazelnuts and arugula
- Mix 2 liters of water with the flour, olive oil and coarse salt and stir well with a whisk.
- Prepare the artichokes : remove the tails, then using a very sharp knife turn the vegetable to remove the green leaves until there are only the hearts left (multiple videos are available on the internet).
- Put these artichoke bottoms in the initial mixture and bring to a simmer. Check if ready with the tip of the knife.
- When the artichokes are cooked, cool them, then remove the hay.
- Cut into thin slices and dispose on the plates.
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing the Old-fashioned mustard, wine vinegar, salt and pepper, and whisk with the grapeseed oil.
- Sprinkle the artichokes with this vinaigrette.
- Add the hazelnuts roasted in the oven and a few sprigs of arugula.
- Season with fleur de sel and pepper.
Recipe imagined and produced by chef Frederic Le Guen-Geffroy