Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
For 4 people:
- 16 pepper artichokes
- 50 g of flour
- 20 g of olive oil
- 20 g of coarse salt
- 20 g of Moutarde Royale® au cognac Pommery®
- 20 g of wine Pommery® vinegar
- 40 g of grape seed (or peanut) oil
- Salt and pepper
Purple artichokes, Vinaigrette with Moutarde Royale® au cognac Pommery®
- For the white cooking liquid: mix 2 liters of water with the flour, olive oil and coarse salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- To turn the artichokes: remove the bottom stem, then using a very sharp knife, turn to remove the green leaves and keep only the heart (many tutorials are available on the internet).
- Put these artichoke bottoms in the white cooking liquid and bring to a simmer. Check doneness with the tip of a knife.
- When the artichokes are cooked, cool them, then remove the hearts in the center with a melon baller/scooper
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing the Royal Mustard® with Pommery® cognac, the Pommery® Wine Vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk with the grape seed (or peanut) oil.
- Pour this vinaigrette into the small artichokes.
- Finish with a little fleur de sel and a turn of the pepper mill.
Recipe imagined and produced by chef Frederic Le Guen-Geffroy