Preparation : 20 minutes
Cooking : 1 minute
For 4 persons:
- 500 g of large squids
- 2 cl of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ of a bunch of parsley
- Espelette pepper
- 40 g of mayonnaise sauce
- 40 g of Espelette pepper Pommery® mustard
Striated calamaris sautés à la Basque, creamy sauce with Espelette pepper mustard Pommery®
- Separate the head from the body of the squid.
- For the head part, remove the entrails and the beak, then separate all the tentacles.
- For the body, remove the feather, remove the entrails, then stab the entire length to open it fully.
- Rinse and clean to remove impurities (remaining entrails, ink, sand, etc.)
- Cut the inside of the squid bodies by squaring with a sharp knife.
- Dry well with absorbent paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a hot pan and make sauté the heads and bodies of the squid quickly.
- Finish at the last moment with finely chopped garlic, chopped flat-leaf parsley, Espelette pepper and fine salt.
- Serve at your convenience hot, warm or cold.
- Make a homemade mayonnaise sauce and add the same amount of old-fashioned Espelette pepper Pommery® mustard.
Recipe imagined and produced by chef Frederic Le Guen-Geffroy